Official Int. Sacred ForumOfficial Int. Sacred ForumOfficial Int. Sacred ForumOfficial Int. Sacred Forum
Official Int. Sacred Forum > English Community > Sacred 2: Fallen Angel > S2 Technical Questions > General Technical  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12.04.2012, 20:01   (permalink) #1
out-side
Trainee

Uninstall

How are you meant to remove this game from your hard drive. I've been trying and it keeps asking for codes, which I kept on giving it then it kept crashing with this error:

Quote:
ERROR 1336 there was an error creating a temporary file that is needed to complete the installation. Folder: E:\Config.Msi\. System error code 112
And now the piece of crap is saying that my codes are no ******* good. What kind of retarded ******* came up with this system of uninstalling a game and how the **** do I now remove it from my computer.
out-side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12.04.2012, 21:30   (permalink) #2
Spock
I am what I post
Champion

It may be that the game got corrupted before the uninstall and now it gets confused when it can't find what it was looking for. If that is the case, it may help to re-install the game over the top of what is there. Then you should be able to uninstall it as everything is as it should be.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12.04.2012, 21:55   (permalink) #3
Valdore
Champion

If you upload your DxDiag, we can have a look at your issue in more detail:
  • Press start on the task bar--> select run.
  • Type dxdiag--> press ok
  • Select save all info and note the save location of the dxdiag file
  • Upload dxdiag via message window-->go advanced-->press manage attachments
Valdore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12.04.2012, 22:57   (permalink) #4
ThorinOakshield
Champion

Location: Somewhere between here and there. Wherever that is.
Send a message via MSN to ThorinOakshield Send a message via Yahoo to ThorinOakshield
A DxDiag won't help.

It's been a long time (5 yrs or so) since I had to deactivate the game, so I might make some mistakes.

What you need to do is to use the activation code, which needs to be typed into the de-activation box. When that code is verified, you get a new code, which you'll need to type into a second box.

The reason for this is, that Securom needs to check if you are de-activating a legimite copy. Don't ask me why that is, I didn't come up with this system.

The activation codes can be found at the back of your manual, or - in case of digital download - at your game-list of the digital shop.

If uninstalling using the installation program itself isn't working, try using the uninstall-option found under task manager. You'll need to use the codes for that as well, but often that one does work.

And a request:

Please mind your language a bit. We all understand you're pretty fed up with the used system without seeing the censored swear-words you used.

Thorin
Old 13.04.2012, 01:10   (permalink) #5
Valdore
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by out-side View Post
How are you meant to remove this game..it keeps asking for codes, which I kept on giving it then it kept crashing with this error:

ERROR 1336 there was an error creating a temporary file that is needed to complete the installation. Folder: E:\Config.Msi\. System error code 112
System error 112 is caused by insufficient disc space and requires a larger disc or freeing up additional space:
  • Upload your DxDiag to reveal the associated discs/capacities and correctly install/remove Sacred 2.
Error 1336 usually occurs when the Windows temporary folder has been filled. Emptying this folder should fix the error. Another possibility is that the setup process of a file has been locked:
  • Closing down the locked application, in this case the Sacred2 setup process, and running it again may be helpful after the disc space issue had been fixed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by out-side View Post
it keeps asking for codes, which I kept on giving it..my codes are no..good..how..do I now remove it from my computer.
Look here for the activation FAQ. The Sacred 2 serial key has a temporary usage limitation which is 4 activations within 3 months:
  • Download the revocation tool and use it on the machine where you activated Sacred2. Follow the revocation guideline at the bottom of this page to correctly remove the game.

Last edited by Valdore : 13.04.2012 at 06:54.
Valdore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13.04.2012, 08:00   (permalink) #6
TornadoX1
Technical Chief
Traveller

To upload a dxdiag.txt is always a good idea. The dxdiag.txt show a lot stuff and that is important for a supporter. You see things like free disk space, operating system and patch information for the operating system, page file size etc.

And to the topic starter:

You can write a post in good style or not, but you decide ................., that do you think?

PS: @starno1, stay on topic and this is the last warning for you.

Gone, but never forgotten
R.I.P. Studio II (01.07.2002-31.07.2009)
TornadoX1 is offline   Reply With Quote