Official Int. Sacred ForumOfficial Int. Sacred ForumOfficial Int. Sacred ForumOfficial Int. Sacred Forum
Official Int. Sacred Forum > English Community > Sacred 2: Fallen Angel > S2 Technical Questions > General Technical  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 19.11.2010, 06:57   (permalink) #1
Punisher11292
Trainee

Game won't start/Steam/Windows 7 issue?

Hi,
Anyone reading this thread has probably seen this question a million times before like me but none of the other solutions i've read that are given to me help at all. I downloaded this game off steam and went to run it, and it came up with a black screen for less than 1 second and disappeared, nothing happened. So I emailed Steam Support, they replied with 'blah blah blah too bad'. All i'd like is for someone who may have had this problem to lend me a hand to try and fix this, any help at all would be appreciated, and i'm not too tech savvy either, also it's not because my computer doesn't meet the Rec. specs.
Thanks.
Punisher11292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19.11.2010, 17:20   (permalink) #2
cheesehead
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher11292 View Post
also it's not because my computer doesn't meet the Rec. specs.
Technically, this is not true. You state you are running Windows 7, and the Steam page for Sacred 2 clearly states that Windows 7 is not supported.

As a workaround, try launching the shortcut in Windows XP compatibility mode. Some have had success doing that.