Official Int. Sacred ForumOfficial Int. Sacred ForumOfficial Int. Sacred ForumOfficial Int. Sacred Forum
Official Int. Sacred Forum > English Community > Sacred 2: Fallen Angel > S2 Gameplay Discussions > General Discussion  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10.08.2010, 18:33   (permalink) #1
cheesehead
Champion

Guardian Runs

Been thinking about this a lot recently. I know a lot of people like doing guardian runs, or other boss runs. I'd like to know your reasons why.

I can think of two reasons:

1) Experience. The guardians have pretty good XP.
2) Loot. We all know they drop good loot.

The trouble I have with this is I wonder how much it's worth it. After each run, you have to exit your game, reconnect to the lobby, start a new game, and run back up to the guardians. That's a lot of time lost where you're not killing things and not taking your odds against the drop RNG. I would wonder if it's actually better to NOT do boss runs and churn through areas with high mob density, like the jungle or upper cursed forest.

Recently (for me anyway) EU MP Gold has been kinda sparse, and I keep running into people who are doing boss runs. I keep thinking to myself that if we were all in a server together, targeting our own areas, we would level up faster and generate more loot by just playing "normally." I know my leveling rate goes up substantially with 2+ other people on, so I'm sure it would be the same for others.

Thoughts?
Old 10.08.2010, 18:55   (permalink) #2
Tuuttelituuri
Citizen

They drop good loot? You must be joking.
Last week i killed them so many times i can't even count and they dropped nothing.
Gar'Colossus drop better loot or i got bad luck.
Tuuttelituuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10.08.2010, 19:41   (permalink) #3
Spunky
Knight Paladin

Only reason for me is that it's the place that have the greatest chance of dropping legendaries, and some of the very rare sets like Kira's Wall as there are 5 bosses in one place(including the "Egg" or "Heart of the Machine" as it's originally named) that can drop everything in the game.
Spunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10.08.2010, 20:29   (permalink) #4
rvbarton
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunky View Post
Only reason for me is that it's the place that have the greatest chance of dropping legendaries, and some of the very rare sets like Kira's Wall as there are 5 bosses in one place(including the "Egg" or "Heart of the Machine" as it's originally named) that can drop everything in the game.
Egg? Heart? Care to elaborate?
Old 10.08.2010, 21:15   (permalink) #5
cheesehead
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunky View Post
Greatest chance or only chance? I keep thinking that a 1% chance every so often really isn't much better than a 0.01% chance repeated many, many times. I'm thinking mathematical odds here.

Now if there is a significant number of items that can't be obtained anywhere else, then I definitely see a reason, even if I find the concept rather boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvbarton
IIRC you can kill the center of the Machine if you have AoE spells, I don't think you can get close enough to target it with melee.
Old 10.08.2010, 21:57   (permalink) #6
Valdore
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvbarton View Post
The spherical T-energy container that protects the guardians with energy shielding. It can be shattered combining lifeleech with projectiles or certain combats arts (faster using percentage lifeleech). I have not been successful with AoE or melee combat so far though melee lifeleech weapons combined with certain combat arts worked (v2.43.0.0).
Valdore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10.08.2010, 22:22   (permalink) #7
rvbarton
Wanderer

I am going to have to try this... not sure if my seraphim can do it though. we'll see.
Old 10.08.2010, 22:35   (permalink) #8
Valdore
Champion

Archangel's Wrath plus Dashing Alacrity combined with a percentage lifeleech melee weapon work if you are using those.
Old 10.08.2010, 22:59   (permalink) #9
cheesehead
Champion

Can we get back on topic please?
Old 10.08.2010, 23:25   (permalink) #10
Spunky
Knight Paladin

Well, other bosses(mainly campaign bosses and dragons) can drop the legendaries and some of the rare sets, but the chance for a drop there is pretty much the same as on one guardian, so for me the obvious place to farm for these items is the guardians/the egg where there are five sources of a possible good drop, and the quick run from the monolith and the XP gained is just nice bonuses.
Spunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11.08.2010, 00:26   (permalink) #11
gogoblender
shiny happy pantless person
Curate

Get just one legendary and it changes the game

The Secrets of Getting Legendaries in Sacred 2

People spend enormous amounts of time on trying to increase the speed at which they can kill Guardians to increase chances of getting the single most important drop in all of Sacred 2.

If you're playing HC, the thrill is unmatched.

gogo
Old 11.08.2010, 13:56   (permalink) #12
Valdore
Champion

In terms of xp and loot grinding, I have found the combination of questing (bargain mastery questing for example) and normal/champ opponent grinding to be efficient on both fronts. Then again, getting five highend sources of special drop chance in close proximity offers an edge to drop chance over time assuming you can defeat the guardians quickly and know how to break the egg (posts #6/#8).