The developers have been following community feedback and are making every effort to wipe out the most pressing problems as quickly as possible. One further step in these efforts is this release of Hotfix 2.12.0.
This Hotfix must be installed to access online play!
This update includes the following changes
(changes for all updates can be found here
- Some players suffered lags while clicking on NPC’s and objects since hotfix 2. This has been fixed.
- Under specific circumstances it could happen that a savegame overwrote another character. This has been fixed.
- Sometimes players were not able to join servers, and getting the message that there was a version conflict incorrectly. This has been fixed.
- It is now possible to use the character slots  and above in closedNet Lobby.
- Some cases, in which quests that require a certain amount of collected items didn’t grant enough items have been improved.
- The function of [f12] has been improved. [f12] now teleports the character to the resurrection point. This works for both singleplayer and multiplayer.
- Quests, in which a certain amount of items must be collected, sometimes didn’t grant enough items to be collected. This has been fixed.
- The sidequest arrow does not point to completed sidequests anymore.
- The removal of the fog of war has been improved.
- In multiplayer campaign servers it was possible that the progress of the server was interfered with by clients who accomplished sidequests. This has been fixed.
- Corpses no longer block projectiles.
- Mounts sometimes lost XP after exit/load. This has been fixed.
- An occasional problem with sounds on the 5.1-subwoofer-channel has been fixed.
- An exploit with hero statues has been closed.
- An exploit with which the smith could be used to duplicate items has been closed.
- An exploit with which the buddy list could be used to duplicate items has been closed.
- A redundant window concerning the connection to the chat server has been removed.
- Hotfix 3 introduces an auto-updater that will facilitate future updates.
Hotfix 3 can be downloaded via the homepage http://update.sacred2.com
manually or by executing the “sacred2updater.exe” located in the root-folder of the game.
We hope you enjoy your time in Ancaria.
Your Sacred 2 Team