Official Int. Sacred ForumOfficial Int. Sacred ForumOfficial Int. Sacred ForumOfficial Int. Sacred Forum
Official Int. Sacred Forum > English Community > Sacred\Underworld Official Forum > S1 Technical Support > S1 MP Problems  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 13.07.2008, 23:27   (permalink) #1
Arcath
Trainee

Problems with Sacred over Lan (Vista + Hamachi)

Ok weird problem.

Me and my friend can not get Sacred to work over LAN. We have no idea why.

Both machines are running Vista with hamachi. We are getting no errors, we just can't see the other person's game.

We have even followed all the steps listed in the Hamachi wiki/guide listed below...
http://logmeinwiki.com/wiki/Hamachi:Gaming_over_Hamachi

I will start the game server on my end, and I can see it in LAN but he cant. If he starts the game server, he can see it but I cant.

I can see him over hamachi, and ping/chat him, and vice verse. Sacred is allowed through windows firewall and the ports 7064-7066 and 2005-2010 are forwarded for UDP/TCP.

I would really love to come back and play, as I need that itch scratched, but this is really aggravating me.
Arcath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14.07.2008, 00:26   (permalink) #2
Antarius
Apprentice

well, vista is a pain when it comes to networking

you are having a problem that vista has introduced as, ....... you got it a "feature".
VPN. thats Virtual-Private-Network, nothing new realy but then again, as usual, windows has to do it its own way

in vista now you got the option to create a VPN connection, so try to go to network properties, create a new connectio, choose VPN connection and then get it to connect to Hamachi (yes Hamachi uses VPN to create its LAN networks).

that might just do it

Latency-Test
Antarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14.07.2008, 15:52   (permalink) #3
Arcath
Trainee

I have no idea how to set up a VPN with Hamachi. :/
Arcath is offline   Reply With Quote