Formerly (before April 1, 2009) Community Management Team
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Here, even when it doesn't look like it!
This is information that questions often come up about. Rotluch's recently posted a great description of all the items here
so I copied the reference part from that thread and posted it here to make it easy for everyone to find. Huge thanks to Rotluchs for digging this information up for us. Thanks also go to Spock for touching up the translation a bit.
The settings.cfg file can be edited with any simple text editor such as notepad.
1) All manual changes you make are at your own risk!
2) All entries marked with an extra ''*'' here are unsupported.
3) Altering unsupported values or entering wrong values, (eg. out of specified range) can cause several unknown errors, so be careful when changing them!
4) Some work in UW only; and sometimes you have to add them first, otherwise, they will not show up...
5) I also highlighted the most important entries people may want to change...
6) You can find your settings.cfg in the root folder of your sacred-installation.
7) It's recommended to make a backup of the complete file before changing anything.
8) It is also possible to change the most relevant features in your in-game options menu.
- *ACCEPT_LICENSE: Conduct Codex accepted. When logging into the lobby for the first time, you have to agree to the license. After accepting, this value is changed to 1, so the license screen won't appear anymore in the future at the next login.
- AUTOSAVEDELAY: [0 ... n] Corresponds to the delay time in milliseconds until the current game progress is saved. Standard = 180. Caution, it is not recommended that you change this value! (Not used anymore!)
- AUTOSAVE: [0 | 1] Campaign Autosave on / off
- AUTOTRACKENEMY: [0 | 1] Corresponds to the "Options" menu point: Mouse: follow opponents at mouse-over.
- CHAT_ALPHA: [0 - 255] Transparency of the chat-lines. 0 = not transparent. 255 = completely transparent (invisible).
- CHAT_DELAY: [1 ... n] indicates how long a chat-line is displayed (in seconds).
- CHAT_LINES: [0 ... 32]: Number of lines displayed in MP chat.
- *COMBINE_SLOTS: [0 | 1] 0 = default. 1 = If weapon slot 1 is selected, automatically selected spell slot 1 etc.
- *COMPAT_VIDEO: Corresponds to the point video compatibility mode within configuration menu. 0 = off (standard). 1 = on.
- DEFAULT_SKILLS: [0 | 1] Adjusts the starting skills of a new created hero character (1=on, 0=off).
- DETAILLEVEL: [0 | 1 | 2] Details (adjustable in the "Options" menu). 2 = Standard.
- EXPLOREMAP: [0 | 1] Corresponds to the "Options" menu point "Fog of War". 0 = black map 1 = Transparency with "fog of war".
- FONTAA: [0 | 1] 0 = Font Anti-aliasing off. 1 = Font Anti-aliasing on. Activated Font Anti-aliasing enables smoother fonts (at the expense of performance).
- FONTFILTER: [0 | 1] 0 = Font Filtering off. 1 = Font Filtering on.
- *FONTPAGES: 1 = Standard.
- FORCE_BLACK_SHADOW: [0 | 1] 0 = normal. 1 = Force low detailed shadows (increases performance).
- FSAA_FILTER: [0 | 1] Corresponds "Options" menu point FSAA (Full-Scene Anti-Aliasing).
- FULLSCREEN: [0 | 1] Corresponds "Options" menu point "Full screen". 0 = Windowed mode. 1 = Full screen mode.
- GFX32: [0 | 1] Improved textures. 0 = 16-Bit-Textures. 1 = 32-Bit-Textures (look better at the expense of performance).
- GFX_LIMIT128: [0 | 1] 0 = normal. 1 = limits the memory of textures to 128 MB.
- GFXSTARTUP: [filename.bmp] Alternative Sacred starting-screen. To be placed in the "\pak" directory. Files may exist several times.
- GFXLOADING: [filename.bmp] Alternative Loading screen. To be placed in the "\pak" directory. Files may exist several times.
- LADDER_EXPORT: [0 | 1] Allows the export of the player data into the ladder (1=on, 0=off)
- *LANGUAGE: Language abbreviation for the language in game. Not to be altered!
- LOG: [0 | 1] Corresponds to the "Options" menu point "Use program log data". 0 = deactivated. 1 = activated.
- *LOGGING: [0 | 1]
- *MINIMAP_ALPHA: [0 - 255] Corresponds to the "Options" menu point "Transparency of mini map". 0 = no Transparency. 1 = Transparency.
- MUSICVOLUME: [0 - 128] Corresponds to the "Options" menu point "Music Volume"; also see "Voice Volume".
- NETLOG: [0 | 1] Creates the file "sacred_network.log". 0 = Standard.
- NETWORK_CDKEY: = Sacred-CD-Key.
- NETWORK_CDKEY2: = Underworld-CD-Key.
- NETWORK_CDKEY_HIDE: [0 | 1] For Internet-Cafés or similar: CD-Key will not be displayed in the game, only asterisks are displayed within the log-in menu. 1 = CD-Key is hidden. 0 = default, CD-Key will be displayed in plain language.
- NETWORK_LOBBY: sacred-game.com (Lobbyserver address).
- NETWORK_LOBBYLOGIN: Accountname will be entered automatically in the lobby log-in menu.
- NETWORK_LOBBYPORT: 7064 = Lobbyport für Sacred 1.8, 7065 = Lobbyport für Sacred Underworld.
Password will be entered automatically within the lobby log-in menu (Caution, potential security risk!)
- NETWORK_PASSWORD: Password will be entered automatically within the game menu
- NETWORK_PLAYER: Charactername will be entered automatically on creation of a new hero character.
- NETWORK_PORT_LISTEN: List port for LAN games. Adjusted "2005" as standard. (Caution, for advanced users only, should not be altered!)
- NETWORK_PORT_TCP: TCP-Port, for Network data. Adjusted "2006" as standard.
- NETWORK_SESSION: Name of last played network game; will be entered automatically in the "Create Game" menu.
- NETWORK_SPEEDSETTINGS: [1 | 2] Corresponds to the "Options" menu point "Internet connection". 1 = Modem / ISDN, 2=DSL.
- NETWORK_IP_ADDRESS: last used IP-Address (Caution: not editable)
- *NIGHT_DARKNESS: [0 - 100] = Brightness of the night.
- PICKUPANIM: [0 | 1] Atmospheric animations. 0 = off. 1 = on.
- PICKUPAUTO: [0 | 1 | 2] Corresponds to the "Options" menu point "Auto-collect". 0 = no automized collecting.
- SCREEN_QUAKE: [0 | 1] Earth quake on/off. 0 = off, 1 = on. If switched on, the display still depends on detail niveau! (detail niveau = high: earth quake will always be displayed; detail niveau = medium or low = Earth quake will always displayed only on one's own screen).
- *SHOW_ENEMYINFO: [0 | 1] Display of enemy info’s. 0 = do not display. 1 = display (standard).
- *SHOW_HEROINFO: [0 | 1] Multiplayer only, if alt NOT pressed, display names above all heroes.
- SHOWMOVIE: [0 | 1] Corresponds to the "Options" menu point "Play Movies". 1 = standard (play). 0 = do not play.
- SHOWEXTRO: [0 | 1] Display of extro movie. 1 = standard (play). 0 = do not play.
- *SHOWPOTIONS: [0 | 1] Potions window off/on. 0 = off. 1 = on.
- SFXVOLUME: [0 - 128] Corresponds to the "Options" menu point "SFX Volume"; see also "Voice Volume".
- SOUND: [0 | 1] Corresponds to the "Options" menu point "No Sound". 0 = Sound off. 1 = Sound on (still depends from adjusted volume then).
- SOUNDQUALITY: [0 | 1 | 2] Sound quality 0=low, 1=medium, 2=high (at "high" 3D-Sound is automatically switched on).
- *TASKBAR_ICONS: [0 | 1] Display damage icons on weaponslots
- *UNIQUE_COLOR: [0 | 1] 0 = old class specific colors, 1 = current default, where magic items are blue, rare items are yellow, etc.
- VIOLENCE: [0 | 1] Corresponds to the "Options" menu point "Display of Violence". 0 = Violence off. 1 = Violence on.
- *VIRTUALTEAM_SIZE: Standard = 5. (PlayerX-Commando, Caution, unsupported yet! Use at your own risk!)
personal note: this it not working, as it has never been implemented (at least in none of the versions I played^^ this outdated entry can also be found on www.sacred-handbuch.de)
- VOICEVOLUME: [0 - 128] = Voice of language in game.
- *WAITRETRACE: [0 - 8] Standard = 1. x* Waiting for the vertical screen retrace ("vertical screen retrace"). If this value is adjusted to 0 the frame rate will possibly increased which may lead to flickering / "screen errors". Values above 1 are mostly not suggestive.
- WARNING_LEVEL: [0 - 100] Warning, if hit points are below X % (displayed by the red blinking circle, your hero character is placed in).
| S1 FAQs
As of April 1 2009, I no longer work for Ascaron. For personal contact please PM DaGirl
, for forum business please see the Forum Leaders
Last edited by Carolyn_Hacker : 27.06.2007 at 22:55.