Official Int. Sacred ForumOfficial Int. Sacred ForumOfficial Int. Sacred ForumOfficial Int. Sacred Forum
Official Int. Sacred Forum > English Community > Sacred\Underworld Official Forum > S1 Technical Support > S1 MP Problems  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 20.05.2006, 12:03   (permalink) #1
DarkPrayer
Apprentice

LAN Problem

When I start creating a LAN game I get to the create button and when I push it comes out the usual things Loading, Checking Connection(or something like that) but that it says "Server Up and Running" and it's just like this.Nothing happens and my only option is to push cancel.Can som1 tell me what to do?

DarkPrayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24.05.2006, 12:39   (permalink) #2
Tukami
Trainee

got the same problem but mine freezes
Tukami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27.05.2006, 04:54   (permalink) #3
Ishkur
Wanderer

If someone has a suggetion for this I am also having this issue
Ishkur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27.05.2006, 09:44   (permalink) #4
Labuineba
Trainee

well if you have some sort of firewall... it asks about permitting the game to connect the net... just drop the game down and click the permit button, well depends on firewall... or you can put the gameserver.exe to the permitted list in your firewall
Labuineba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27.05.2006, 15:28   (permalink) #5
ladypenelope
Champion

Can you join an MP game?If you can its not the firewall,but you could try disabling any firewalls and see what happens,your router should automatically set permissions .Include a dxdiag here and maybe one of the techy brains will be able to sort it for you.
Now showing in a grave near Thylysium, all flowers welcome
ladypenelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06.06.2006, 02:40   (permalink) #6
googull
Trainee

Same issue as well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPrayer
When I start creating a LAN game I get to the create button and when I push it comes out the usual things Loading, Checking Connection(or something like that) but that it says "Server Up and Running" and it's just like this.Nothing happens and my only option is to push cancel.Can som1 tell me what to do?

Same exact problem we are using two copies of Sacred Gold. Server loads, says checking ports, then just says up and running with no way to continue using that PC. Not sure if we are supposed to set up a dedicated PC just for LAN serving or not. Also, once running the other player can't log in - all firewalls are down and AV SW off. Both system works great standalone just can't get them to talk for MP LAN. No problems with AOM or other MP games. Also not sure what if any updates are required for Sacred Gold to run properly in MP. Any advice would be appreciated. I am the Dad working to set this up under order from my sons so I have no clue even what Gold means in relation to the other versions of Sacres listed here on this site. In fact, I don't even seen Gold mentioned.

Last edited by googull : 06.06.2006 at 02:42.
googull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12.06.2006, 01:12   (permalink) #7
Mortaneous
Traveller

Send a message via AIM to Mortaneous Send a message via MSN to Mortaneous Send a message via Yahoo to Mortaneous
I've got the same problem, Local Network game, creating the game stops at Up and Running. If I run the Dedicated Gameserver on this machine, a running instance of SacredUW on the same machine does not detect the server. Internet MP works fine.

...and since nobody else has, I'll start the ball rolling with my dxdiag.
Attached Files
File Type: txt DxDiag-11-6-06.txt (56.8 KB, 235 views)
Mortaneous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15.06.2006, 21:05   (permalink) #8
Greyfel
Initiate

No Go with Lan

Please refer to the orginal post of the same name. This is the dxdiag that was requested to be posted here.
Attached Files
File Type: txt DxDiag.txt (42.4 KB, 216 views)
Greyfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15.06.2006, 23:42   (permalink) #9
ladypenelope
Champion

So now we wait for the guys that can to look see what they can do,hey Hal please look hun these guys need you *hugs*
Now showing in a grave near Thylysium, all flowers welcome
ladypenelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16.06.2006, 15:50   (permalink) #10
Greyfel
Initiate

Logs

Well since then I turned on the log and I have some files that may be of use. See attached zip. It contains the log files from the aborted gameserver.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DEBUG.zip (5.2 KB, 237 views)

Last edited by Greyfel : 16.06.2006 at 16:29.
Old 16.06.2006, 19:23   (permalink) #11
Troll_Tetram
Trainee

Hi !
I've got exactly the same problem. I tried to disable Firewall but it didn't solve anything.
I can join games on my LAN without any problem, but i can't create : it says "serveur de jeu : en marche" which is the french equivalent to "Server Up and Running".

I have Sacred Underworld, french version.
And I have 4 computers : only one has the problem.
Do you think it can it help if I upload the 4 dxdiag.txt ?
Troll_Tetram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22.06.2006, 17:22   (permalink) #12
Greyfel
Initiate

Is anyone reading this?

This problem has been up on the board for a few weeks now. Everyone that has read about it has not replied as to the solution. Except for Penny and she has asked for someone to look into it.

I have a few questions.

Exactly what port is being used in Sacred Underworld?
Reason: The ports that are being given out is not working.

Why are the ports being use for Sacred and Sacred Underworld the same if the games have different ports?
Listen port - 2005
TCP/IP -2006

If the Sacred Plus Gameserver is working then why is the Sacred Underworld Gameserver not working?
Compare the codes for the gameservers and see what is wrong with Underworld version.

I have tried everything to fix it and it is still not doing what it is supposed to do. I cannot connect the Lan portion under any circumstances. I have to the windows xp website and did everything that was supposed to be done. Still it is a not connecting right. It is a good thing that I have backed up my C drive before installing Sacred Underworld.
Old 22.06.2006, 22:17   (permalink) #13
Mortaneous
Traveller

Send a message via AIM to Mortaneous Send a message via MSN to Mortaneous Send a message via Yahoo to Mortaneous
I'm inclined to believe that it has to do with XP's security mechanisms and TCP/IP stack. I've monitored my system and it looks like the gameserver (wether started as standalone or via the Multiplayer->LAN->Create game method) is listening on TCP 2005 bound to IP 0.0.0.0 and, for no good reason, the game client is not finding that listener. (There may be more ports, I'll have to check when I get home)

I'm going to do some more searching with some networking tools I have once I get home.
Old 23.06.2006, 04:12   (permalink) #14
Greyfel
Initiate

I fixed my problem

It took a while but I finally found out what was wrong. If you have the windows firewall on when you put on Sacred Plus it will let you in to the gameserver but if you install either in standalone or overwrite. Sacred Underworld then it will list sacred and sacred gameserver twice. It will not let you into the gameserver. It might be the same with the router also. This is what I did.

1. I had to put on windows xp home edition upgrade with service pack 1. Do not use windows professional because it will install the firewall prior to you installing sacred and sacred underworld. It has to be without installing the windows firewall.
2. Install the motherboard files, graphics updates and the sound card updates.
3. Do not install anything else. Not even the windows update or register windows.
4. Find a good back up program. I used Acronis True Image. Install it anywhere except on drive C. Back up drive C.
5. Install Sacred Plus and check to see if you can enter the multiplayer portion. Check it out enter the lan, open and closed games.
6. Install Sacred Underworld and its upgrade. Check out the multiplayer portion again. If everything works alright then back up C:drive again.
7. Install the updates for windows and after each update check out Sacred. It is using Listen Port 2005 and TCP/IP 2006 on my computer.
8. Back up Drive C again. No reason for losing all that hard work.

I have the gameserver up and running with no problems at all. I am getting ready to install zone alarm. I will keep you informed after I have finished installing it tommorrow.

Note: You will probably have to disconnect you router while doing this. I do not use a router because I have only one computer. Also if you are using the amd athlon 64 x2 dual core processor do not use the amdcpu.exe update in any flavor. It will not let you into the gameserver also.

Last edited by Greyfel : 23.06.2006 at 06:58.
Old 23.06.2006, 20:14   (permalink) #15
Mortaneous
Traveller

Interesting. I thought there was another forum post saying that you should use the amd cpu driver on x64 cpus or else the game won't work... hmm. I may have to try uninstalling that, then again, I'm only running a single core Opteron for the moment.

...I'm on XP Pro, firewall service disabled, so that shouldn't be giving me any grief. I haven't got the time for a full-reinstall.