Official Int. Sacred ForumOfficial Int. Sacred ForumOfficial Int. Sacred ForumOfficial Int. Sacred Forum
Official Int. Sacred Forum > English Community > Sacred\Underworld Official Forum > Sacred Discussion: Classic, Plus, Gold, Underworld > S1 General Discussion  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05.04.2005, 14:41   (permalink) #1
lordrevanx2
Trainee

Sacred mods

Is there any mods for SACRED? because i can't look to that ...... looking mamnons and byleths helms{turbans}
lordrevanx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05.04.2005, 14:50   (permalink) #2
Reverend
Initiate

Send a message via ICQ to Reverend Send a message via Yahoo to Reverend
Only allowed and official mod is underworld.
I think Ascaron considers anything else that _may_ exist a hack or cheat.

Currently Living the Guild Wars Life
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07.04.2005, 16:04   (permalink) #3
Rungar
Initiate

Yeah, fair enough, but are there any mods actually in development for this great game?
I've been searching google and I've asked the local farmers and tavernfolk, but they just have funny icons above their head and praise me for my deeds...

~Rungar
Your friendly neighbourhood Gladiator
Rungar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07.04.2005, 16:13   (permalink) #4
Evenblade
Citizen

asceron conciders their code as protected code and will go after anyone that trys to make mods (it is copyrighted so they have that right). so there are no mods to this game.

Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Evenblade
Evenblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07.04.2005, 16:24   (permalink) #5
krank
Agony Aunt
Traveller

Location: I've gone to look for myself, if I should return before I get back, keep me here.
k lets make this official then: as far as i know and my info is pretty up to date, there is no and will be no mods for sacred.

How to make an DX-file

Sacred- Sacred Plus FAQ gameplaywise
krank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07.04.2005, 16:44   (permalink) #6
Rungar
Initiate

Thanks for the replies guys.

To be honest, I think it's a shame that Ascaron takes that kind of stand against mod development. My opinion on mods is that it will actually expand a games longevity and enjoyability.

Well, as long as Ascaron is pumping out expansion packs on a regular basis, you won't hear me complain...

~Rungar
Old 07.04.2005, 18:42   (permalink) #7
Reverend
Initiate

Ascaron can pump out as many expansions as they want to, untill they take a better stand on pumping out working code however, they are not getting any more of my money (and dont take me wrong, I love Sacred. Just not enough to deal with more of the same issues everytime a new version comes out).

I am awaiting the last beta weekend event for Guild Wars so I can play. hehe. Geeks with giggles. I am so excited. LOL

Old 07.04.2005, 19:40   (permalink) #8
Timotheus
Champion

about modding: it may improve the gaming experience, but there will also be cheaters who make it, for instance, a treasurefinder.... they might program their mods to drop a lot of uniques and set items, and that will kill a lot of fun... especially when the mod can be uninstalled, and they can go play sacred with their überpacked toons from their mods... i mean look at open mp, there are lot's of hacked items around... when people can create mods like the one i had in mind above i believe that open will only get worse

of course sp will not have these problems because you play fer yourself.... that makes it your choice to use the mod...

anyway i seemed to drift off a bit...
all i want to say is: ascaron probably knows what the good things about modding are, and what the bad things can be... and they will certainly have their reasons to have copyright on their codes...

my 2ct
Old 08.04.2005, 14:26   (permalink) #9
Rungar
Initiate

Well, as far as I know, every retail game has copyrighted code, but that didn't stop the modding scene to flourish...

Part of me understands the position of Ascaron for obvious reasons (hacking, cheating and ruining the fun of the game) but another part of me knows that there are some really talented people out there who could add and improve this game.

~Rungar
Old 08.04.2005, 14:31   (permalink) #10
Reverend
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rungar
Well, as far as I know, every retail game has copyrighted code, but that didn't stop the modding scene to flourish...

Part of me understands the position of Ascaron for obvious reasons (hacking, cheating and ruining the fun of the game) but another part of me knows that there are some really talented people out there who could add and improve this game.
Well, the hacking, cheating part already takes place on open, and Ascaron isnt doing anything about that.
As for the mods... I think if mods did come out, it might put the game back in my favor (and I will use any that do come out). I don't play it hardly anymore since the Tech Info on UW came out. Currently, I am awaiting my Beta Weekend for Guildwars, and beleive it will be my game of choice for quite sometime.

Old 08.04.2005, 14:40   (permalink) #11
Rungar
Initiate

Well, I can't really comment on cheating/hacking online, since I'm not playing online with my super-duper-ultra-fast ... dial-up connection.

Quote:
I don't play it hardly anymore since the Tech Info on UW came out
Please excuse my ignorance, but ... tech info?

~Rungar
Old 08.04.2005, 14:52   (permalink) #12
krank
Agony Aunt
Traveller

Location: I've gone to look for myself, if I should return before I get back, keep me here.
what he ment by are the posts the germans made about Uw wich found their way to this forum, wich are for me, read this good!---> for me, are rumours since im the kind that takes a stand when i can, hence when i got the game installed.

How to make an DX-file

Old 08.04.2005, 15:35   (permalink) #13
Reverend
Initiate

Unless Mirko is posting rumors.........

http://forum.sacredeng.ascaron-net.c...ad.php?t=30319

This is not in reference to 501105's posts. But considering the issues already experienced by Sacred, I dont find the issues being experineced with UW to be far off.
Just my opinion.

Old 08.04.2005, 15:40   (permalink) #14
krank
Agony Aunt
Traveller

true but thats a post with info from other players with other systems right?
for al i know when i install UW it could go fast and with out a glitch, thats what im trying to relay here, you cannot be afraid of bugs and take an stand by going gawd i am so worried about this software (UW) if you didnt install it yet on your system or is this a weird point im making here?

dont get me wrong im not saying this to anyone in person, just a general point im making here and yes i agree al those bugs posted it might be true that i encounter some of them, but unless its on my system i cannot say wich and how bad it is.

just my 2 cents here, no offence to anynone ofc

How to make an DX-file

Old 08.04.2005, 17:43   (permalink) #15
Rungar
Initiate

what, just about that measly 2gb swapfile and that it may take up to two hours to install? Pff, big deal. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't have a super-top-of-the-line-system here, but I think I can manage 2 gb of swapfile...

If the 'known problems' in that post are all there is to it: installation, small bug in some of the over 400 new quests, antivirus and cd copy protection, then that's effectively no problem for me...

I don't have my antivirus software activitated when I play games, I don't play online, I've got loads of HDD space left, I don't crack or copy games and they'll probably fix the bug in the quests anyway...
Like I said, not a big deal for me.

It won't keep me from buying Underworld when it comes out.
But that's just me...

~Rungar