Official Int. Sacred ForumOfficial Int. Sacred ForumOfficial Int. Sacred ForumOfficial Int. Sacred Forum
Official Int. Sacred Forum > English Community > Sacred 3 Archive > Sacred 3 General Discussions [Read Only]  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 13.04.2012, 23:36   (permalink) #1621
Grumbledock
Citizen

The "path of exile" system sounds interesting, a bit like dark souls bit with A-RPG twist.
I love the "HP potion" system used in Dark souls btw, you get your 5-10 potions and no more, but you'll regain them again whenever you rest at a fireplace (although all close by enemies are also resurrected). A system that promotes "think before you use" and adds some skill, you can "spam" if you wish, but you'll run out soon and then you'll be sorry.

Maybe a simple solution would be the best, limit the number of HP potions a toon an carry, and make that number lower the higher the difficulty, since a beginner might need 50+ potions on bronze, but a decent build shouldn't need 50+ potions on gold just for survival.
It could even be added as a skill, where you get more potions and more healing from each potion, a tank-class skill that would be free for anyone to use. If you want to rely on a massive stack of HP potions, you would have to sacrifice something else, like HP regen or CA-regen.
Old 15.04.2012, 20:57   (permalink) #1622
kamikaze00007
Trainee

Hmm... I haven't read the whole thread (too many pages) but I'm kinda stuck on the idea of Sacred 3 maybe having a character class that is sort of like a Martial Artist/Samurai/Assassin type. Since S2 if I still remember it correctly had like 3 sets of skill types for each character maybe a character like a joint of the three. I know about that other HnS game that has a martial artist, but I'm not up for that one.

My idea would be like for a MA skills it would focus on kicks and punches(some fancy acrobatics too XD) that would in a way work individually but if you combine them in a combo set, it would definitely be a barrage of fluid transition. I remember the gladiator from S1 with the Fist of Gods(it was a 1-hit skill), I kind of imagine a similar skill in which the character prepares his attack pose then strikes the enemy with a very powerful punch like a finisher. Native weapon set for this would be Knuckles and Gaiters(shin guards for kicks) in a kind of two-handed (both hand and feet in 1 weapon)class. Fist Blades are definitely not in this category(more on why later).

For the Samurai skills, it would certainly add to the atmosphere and uniqueness if there was also another two-handed weapon class for long swords(katanas/katana-like/sabers/long-swords probably) that when equipped have the attack style of quick-draw or pulled from the sheath when attacking. So far I haven't seen any HnS of this category with this style of wielding swords. The skills would encompass wide area cutting attacks that emphasize power on speed and dexterity unlike MA focusing on 1vs1. Some Chi Blade attacks that are mid-to-long range and some type of aoe stance trap-like skill I'd call Blade Range in which the character adopts an immobile stance for a short time and at a specific radius any enemy who enters gets cut in a flash if possible, knock-back and a downside of immobility to evade projectiles.

The Assassin part of skills would be home for the fist/wrist blades(Specifically Katar/katara). Kind of like a wolverine except with daggers(wrist blades and katara are dagger category irl). Like a meld of the two above sets, it is a precision cutting skill set like delivers 7 slashes on a single enemy, some evasion skills like when active the character has a chance to tumble away from attacks or a moonsault behind the attacker. Some throwing shuriken/blade skills, trap skill like invisible wires that cut passers by and cloaking skill to hide from enemy sight.

The downside of the character would be it is most efficient in two-handed weaponry. If you use a shield, lesser attack power (common sense XD). You can flexibly make a ATK/STR based build that would deal massive damage but the class is not a tanker one so you would have to focus on being able to keep up with the mob. Or even a weaker damage dealer but can deal fast consecutive attacks using also high dexterity/agility for dodging enemy attacks with the sacrifice of DEF/vitality. Maybe even a counter-type skill-centered build that focuses on fast-cooldowns like the stance of Blade Range(alternatively Arrow Range, reverses projectiles to attacker; does not hit melee attackers), using the stances alternatively although immobile to handle attackers (Pro=handle mobs immobile with skills. Con=cooldown-based, immobility can cause death by mobbing if not handled properly).

All in all that's kinda my imagination. I was a bit disappointed with the dragon mage looking like a Shaolin Warrior but didn't have any fancy physical attack skills but he was meant to be like a druid right? As for the game system, maybe (we all wish for it) more "easier to handle" system requirements (just in case), and maybe faster, flexible, agile combat.

Just my ideas mates. Sorry for the wall of text.
Old 02.05.2012, 08:25   (permalink) #1623
aaronXace
Trainee

heres a question i havnt seen in any recent posts ...

Where are we regarding the release of Sacred 3?

this thread started in 2008 ... 4 years later .. and ...........

also theres a link in one of the posts in this thread leading to a post from deep silver saying they want feedback from us to gather ideas for the creation of sacred 3 .. that got me excited .. and then i saw that was in 2009 ... so .. where are we 3 years later? .. anything? alpha? beta? .. still gathering ideas? .. ...

... please any info?

AND

Why the hell was ice and blood not released in US? =( i was very sad to discover that.
im a new sacred 2 player .. love the game .. first game i got my wife to play with me co op ..
i find out about ice and blood add on .. i go onto my PSN to buy it .. and nothing ... i google it and find out that its canceled in the US market ... WWWHHHYYYYY ...

<EDIT>
so after i posted all this i found this link ..
http://www.sacred3.org/development-of-sacred-3.html
thats is an interview with someone important i assume ... dated for 2010 .. in that interview it suggests that around 2012 will be a release date.... here we are in may .. and not even an announcement of a release date? .. did they scrap it????

Last edited by aaronXace : 02.05.2012 at 08:43.
Old 02.05.2012, 12:30   (permalink) #1624
Shadout
Traveller

Probably working on it. Slowly. Seems like the devs are a very small company.
Wouldn't expect a release this year for sure, and from a business perspective its probably not a good idea either to release within the same 6 months as Diablo 3 and Torchlight 2.
Old 03.05.2012, 01:28   (permalink) #1625
lujate
Traveller

The company that developed Sacred, Ascaron, went bankrupt. The company that bought the rights, Deep Silver, was unable to reach a licensing agreement with the North American distributer, CDV, so I&B was not released in NA. Also, I&B is PC only.

PC I&B
Former PS3 Seraphim player
Old 17.05.2012, 17:50   (permalink) #1626
mister_rogers
Trainee

My request is simple, I'd simply appreciate 4 player offline co-op on the consoles. I hope the companies involved in the making of these games are doing well and that Sacred 3 will be a grand success.
Old 17.05.2012, 18:10   (permalink) #1627
mister_rogers
Trainee

I also realized I have another request related to the 4 player co-op, please make an interface that allows all four players to access their inventory or sell/buy at shops at the same time. It doesn't have to and probably shouldn't be the same interface as those playing with only one on their console (be it online co-op or single player). Just an alternative split screen interface with four vertical menus scrolling up/down through items and options, with menu switching capabilities allowing access to level up statistics and skill mapping. Thanks for reading.
Old 17.05.2012, 19:11   (permalink) #1628
lujate
Traveller

IMO, the biggest thing working against 4 player offline co-op is a lack of screen real estate.

PC I&B
Old 20.05.2012, 22:45   (permalink) #1629
mister_rogers
Trainee

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by lujate View Post
IMO, the biggest thing working against 4 player offline co-op is a lack of screen real estate.
I think that because the potions are hot keyed to the same spots on the d-pad all the players can simply memorize them and only need to see what they've got on their interchangeable combos/combat arts hotkeys; therefore the GUI would take up the same amount of space (four circles at the bottom) as they currently do in Sacred 2. The health bars and avatars are a must have at the top but the game already shows those in online mode, so that will be the same in offline as in online.

Considering those points four player local co op would take up the same amount of screen space with the GUI as Sacred 2 does. Then the Company could advertise the game as the best couch co-op experience for fans of games like Diablo, Champions of Norrath, Gauntlet or similar loot collecting hack and slash ARPGs( Yes, I realize there isn't much loot collecting in Gauntlet, lots of hacking and slashing though). This game would attract those fans and their friends and then upon playing they'd realize that this game is far more ambitious with it's free roaming, mount riding, side questing and 200 levels. Make a bigger name for itself and sell better in the future. Take advantage of the absolute lack of good co-op experiences on consoles currently(I have more than one friend). If I can only play over the internet with people then I'll get games for PC, the only reason I own a console is to play with my real life friends on my couch in my living room.
Old 21.05.2012, 00:21   (permalink) #1630
lujate
Traveller

That assessment was based on my two player co-op experience. Not sure how they could squeeze another two players on the screen. If they can manage it, I will be buying a PC and console version of S3. Otherwise just PC.

PC I&B
Old 21.05.2012, 01:08   (permalink) #1631
mister_rogers
Trainee

@lujate
You should google or search youtube for "Champions of Norrath" and "Dungeon Hunter: Alliance"
Champions shows four player on one screen without the screen being terribly overcrowded and Dungeon Hunter shows 4 players managing inventory, level ups and selling at shops simultaneously.
Old 21.05.2012, 03:04   (permalink) #1632
lujate
Traveller

Norrath was quite playable, although you had to remove the mini map. It only allowed two player inventory/shop at a time. Personally, two players doing inventory at a time is sufficient for me.

Not saying it is not doable. Just for some reason developers seem unwilling to compromise their UI. I suspect that they perceive the market is just not there.

PC I&B
Old 21.05.2012, 03:09   (permalink) #1633
mister_rogers
Trainee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdt0jIyvAtw
Champions with four players, the problem here is that only two players can access their menus at once, but while playing their health bars and other information take up only a small part of the screen, they don't view their hot keyed skills at all(Not good for sacred with its many skills), the map is only shown when the L3 or R3 button is hit. Mainly the camera is good and the screen isn't cluttered.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrdz_ohdSJw
Around the 0:36 second mark you can see the interface allowing four players to access their menus at the same time. Otherwise this game has a distracting HUD and it's GUI throughout all menus/shops/inventory/etc. is very plain with no effort or heart put into it, just like the rest of the game and unlike Sacred or Champions.

Ideally I think the health/xp avatars should have the option to appear either down a side or at the top/bottom would fill everybody's individual preferred style and hot key mapping could possibly be inside the circles instead of faces. People would know who they're playing as based upon the name next to the health bar and it's associated color coded text and ring around their character la Champions. Heck you could even let the players choose their colors.
Old 21.05.2012, 03:18   (permalink) #1634
mister_rogers
Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by lujate View Post
Norrath was quite playable, although you had to remove the mini map. It only allowed two player inventory/shop at a time. Personally, two players doing inventory at a time is sufficient for me.

Not saying it is not doable. Just for some reason developers seem unwilling to compromise their UI. I suspect that they perceive the market is just not there.
Yeah, Devs are sort of funny about their UI; you'd think they'd learn a few tricks about what works and what doesn't after so many UI mods on the computer versions of their games. I suppose I'd be fine with only two players accessing inventory at a time, if they made those two menus open at the same time pretty looking and payed more attention to the in game constant HUD.
Old 24.05.2012, 23:14   (permalink) #1635
Grumbledock
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_rogers View Post
Yeah, Devs are sort of funny about their UI; you'd think they'd learn a few tricks about what works and what doesn't after so many UI mods on the computer versions of their games. I suppose I'd be fine with only two players accessing inventory at a time, if they made those two menus open at the same time pretty looking and payed more attention to the in game constant HUD.
Well, that's game developing these days :P
First of all, even before the first game is released, you'll have to start working on the next one. Hence you won't hear most of the feedback on "what works" and not.
Secondly, it's common to hire 3rd party help to make the games, or even let 3rd party studios develop the sequel, new devs with their own ideas and wishes for the game.
Let's not forget time and money. When you make a game you'll often save both by using hiring an engine, and to save even more you'll use the default UI, skins and other stuff as core, pimp them a bit to make it look unique but no time or resources to make it from scratch.
Last but not least, it's hard to make new stuff, really new stuff (not borrowing old ideas), and hence it's both hard and "risky" to introduce a new UI. It's easier and safer to use something people are already familiar with, both gamers and devs, even if it's flawed. Guess why every FPS these days uses the "CoD controller layout" or every MMO tries to clone WoW, more or less...