Official Int. Sacred ForumOfficial Int. Sacred ForumOfficial Int. Sacred ForumOfficial Int. Sacred Forum
Official Int. Sacred Forum > English Community > Sacred 2: Fallen Angel > S2 Technical Questions > General Technical  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11.04.2012, 22:41   (permalink) #1
mjkittredge
Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to mjkittredge Send a message via MSN to mjkittredge Send a message via Yahoo to mjkittredge
Transferring saves to a new system

I've been playing Sacred 2 on a windows vista system. I'm going to buy a new computer soon, and it will have Windows 7 on it.

Will there be any problems with copying the save file from this computer, then .... putting it on a CD then pasting the files into the save folder on the new computer so I won't have to start over again?

Obviously I'm going to patch fully first, I'm just wondering if the files will be different and inoperable because of the different OS.
mjkittredge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11.04.2012, 22:46   (permalink) #2
ThorinOakshield
Champion

Location: Somewhere between here and there. Wherever that is.
Send a message via MSN to ThorinOakshield Send a message via Yahoo to ThorinOakshield
It's no problem at all, I've done that twice now.

First time was when I re-installed Vista at a new (read: larger) HDD. After installing the entire game and patches, I played a bit to make sure the game worked as intended.

Second time was a month ago, when I bought an entire new computer. I did the same thing again to make sure the game works as intended, before putting the saved games in the folder.

Thorin
Old 12.04.2012, 08:00   (permalink) #3
mjkittredge
Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to mjkittredge Send a message via MSN to mjkittredge Send a message via Yahoo to mjkittredge
Ah thanks Thorin. Glad to know it works.
mjkittredge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12.04.2012, 14:32   (permalink) #4
Valdore
Champion

The save-games are compatible between OS but their directories may vary. The save-game directories should match between Vista and Windows7 provided that the selected usernames are identical:

Quote:
Vista/Windows 7:
C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2
Windows Xp:
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Saved Games\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2
Another tip when backing up the save-games is to make sure that Sacred2 is in the exception list for the applied AV scanner because the save-games may corrupt if they are scanned during the save process.
Valdore is offline   Reply With Quote