Official Int. Sacred ForumOfficial Int. Sacred ForumOfficial Int. Sacred ForumOfficial Int. Sacred Forum
Official Int. Sacred Forum > English Community > Sacred\Underworld Official Forum > S1 Character Discussion > S1 Dark Elf  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.25 average. Display Modes
Old 21.06.2006, 17:56   (permalink) #46
FrostElfGuard
15 seconds man and gud spellr to.
Knight Paladin

WIDD and the DE.... control your PAIN!

gogoblender has extensively posted about WIDD.

In rereading Mjollnir's Guide(s) I note that he says that WIDD isn't useful for the DE since with Adrenaline running, you won't get hit.

I say, great!

That's just what I want in WIDD. If I put my life meter down low, I don't want opponents changing the value. I want it to stay down so I can dish out even more damage.

Gogo says that WIDD isn't useful until you get it up to 350% or was it 450%?

Soooo....a Platinum character is about the time WIDD should be applied. (And, it should be tested in either SP or open with an exported character if your source character was HC!...which mine will be.)

Since we won't be hit much (an Explosive Charge Dark Elf (EC DE) is hardly ever hit) and my Dark Elf is now having trouble with one hit kills... I need more damage.

So. The wild world of WIDD (wwW) beckons... Dare ye enter?

Last edited by FrostElfGuard : 23.06.2006 at 20:36.
FrostElfGuard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23.06.2006, 02:40   (permalink) #47
Mattheww044
Trainee

Great Guide!!!!!

wow man thanks i jsut deleted all my chars and stuff just to start over and try to work back up never even been to lvl 100 before but Des seem fun and im gonan try the PM one ive seen its wonders even at low levels, well thank you very much and just showin m y appreciation
Mattheww044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08.09.2006, 16:39   (permalink) #48
Darkness-Dragon
Wanderer

Send a message via ICQ to Darkness-Dragon
Hm, very nice guide you maked there, but i think, im putting some points to Dual Wield... Im still somewhat a rookie, and thus BC and DW arent putting together, i putted 5 points to blade combat. Thats enough. Everything is very good there, but i maked somewhat hybrid DE :
Weapon Lore
Blade Combat
Concetration
Dual Wield
Constitution
Armor
Wanna take:
Trap Lore
Disarm

Because disarm, this is fun. I have these CAs:
Multi-hit
Hard Hit
Testosterone
Adrenaline
Poison Mist
Explosive Charge

Im not an expert, but this build sounds fun to me...

Darkness-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15.03.2007, 21:22   (permalink) #49
Darkness-Dragon
Wanderer

Send a message via ICQ to Darkness-Dragon
Ah ah ah.... I must laugh when im reading this my old post again...... Now im making a pure Trapper, with some points to the BC for the Cordells Daggers. Btw. i want to socket something else than something that just gives minimal recruitement this and those..... Well, my another BM died..... The BMs low health is just not good...... Even i had SS on. And mashed panic button like crazy (my poor hand... Sniff, Sniff....) Anyway, back to the very roots. DE. Beginned with it, ended with it. Nice circle, lol.

Darkness-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17.03.2007, 05:10   (permalink) #50
Walglec
Trainee

Excellent guide--very well done.
A few points:
1. Ballistics also adds to trap damage.
2. For a trapper, boosting dexterity might be a better choice than physical regen. Dexterity adds to damage. The trap lore and ballistics + equipment make it easy to get down the regen time.
3. Bottomless Pit is not popular because of the time delay before it becomes deadly. However, the time delay makes it challenging and fun. Proper positioning and timing become important, and it is a less boring build--as well as a potent death trap. And if you don't get a one shot kill, you do get poison ticks on the mobs that allow for life leach after the trap has gone off.
Walglec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08.08.2010, 11:36   (permalink) #51
Lord-Z
Trainee

First of all, thanks a lot for the perfect guide! It's really helpful!

I have a question, I started a Poisonist Meleer on SP (Underworld 2.28) and I'm wondering if I should (and when I should) make suits for Adrenaline and Testosterone. I mean have a whole set of items that all give as much as possible + Adrenaline, then make a combo that is just 1 cast of Adrenaline, and also make a whole set of items that give + Testosterone and make a combo with 1 cast of Testo. I need to do that by forging adrenaline and testosterone runes into items with as many wholes for sockets as possible, right? Also what is the best/max number of sockets I can get from different items (e.g. I think the armor has max 4 slots, but I'm not sure). If anyone can tell me more about this I would be grateful! Thanks in advance people!
Lord-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09.08.2010, 09:14   (permalink) #52
User0001
Traveller

Lord-Z,
combo regen will limit your combat art(CA) level initially, even in a combo... always check if you can "afford" it, i.e. if you can recast your combo(s) when it/they expire(s). Later, you can afford to insta-refill combos (yellow pot), but it's an expensive habit, and you'll have to keep track of your pot supply.
The good thing is that combo regen is separate from all non-combo regen timers. One doesn't have to worry about special move or trap regen when using a combo.

These are the socket maxes on regular* items:
1 in gloves*,
1 in shoes*,
2 in belts,
2 in leggings,
2 in bracers,
2 in shoulderpads,
3 in shields*,
4 in one-handed weapons**,
4 in most 2-handed weapons (staff/halberd/spear, 2h sword, executioner's axe, etc.)
3 in bows* ***,
3 in hats***,
4 in body armor.

*Note #1: Unique items can have "any" number of sockets. My WoodElf has unique gloves with 3 sockets and a 4-socket Octanion bow. However, all Octanion bows have the same amount -- it's a fixed atrribute which won't change with difficulty, item level, or luck/MF%.
*Note #2: One-handed weapons with 4 sockets are very hard to get unless you are a Mage with a short staff. The only one which can be wielded by non-mage chars was a sword which looked like the DII war sword: broad blade, very damaging (given its level and that it's a 1h sword), 1x3 squares in backpack, and that was in Sacred Plus (pre-Underworld).
*Note #3:
- "Hats" include all types of headgear. Although 3-socket hats are easy to get (not much harder than 3s armor), I haven't found ANY 4-socket headgear yet. 3 seems to be the maximum.
- Bows don't include crossbows. Many Xbows have 4 sockets.
- Everybody can wear a 1h weapon, a shield, body armor, a hat, a belt, shoes, and gloves. Most characters(including the DE) can wear shoulderpads, leggings, and bracers.
Max-socket gear like that is useful as shopping(trading) gear if it adds 1 to all skills itself, or as combo gear (esp. if it has a bonus to the move you want (testy and addy in your case) or +1 to all special moves, which is called "all combat arts"), or as battle gear if it features a good deal of RSM (or Rspell for a caster char) and at least one of the following mods: bonus to all SM's or spells, life leech, good crit% or WiDD, or a high bonus to a move you use frequently (primary/backup attack type).

PS -- If you haven't done so yet, you should dedicate a wood elf(pre-UW) or a dwarf(Underworld) to shopping. The kind of starter gear a good shopper can get leaves everything else in the dust.

PPS -- Welcome on the sacred2.com forum!

user.one

Last edited by User0001 : 11.08.2010 at 08:57.
User0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09.08.2010, 14:42   (permalink) #53
Lord-Z
Trainee

user.one, thank you so much for the answer, it's really thorough and helpful! Better than I had hoped! Wish you all the best!
Lord-Z is offline   Reply With Quote