PDA

View Full Version : No text in sacred 2

vass151
16.03.2010, 18:07
Hi, I just installed sacred 2 and patched in proper order up to 2.40. Problem is I load the game and there is no text in any of the menus or in game. This is a retail English US version. I've tried all the registry suggestions and I cant make it work. There is an en_US directory under locale and that is all. It even says en_US version when starting up. Any suggestions? I'm on Win7 ultimate 64bit. Nvidia GTX275, physx is turned off.

I really want to play this game! =)

Schot
16.03.2010, 18:52
Hey vass and welcome. :) Can you have a look in your options.txt file and see what it says for locale? Maybe the problem is there.

Go to the folder:
(Vista or Windows 7)
C:\Users\<YOUR_USER_NAME>\AppData\Local\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2\options.txt
or
(XP)
C:\Documents and Settings\<YOUR_USER_NAME>\Local Settings\Application Data\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2\options.txt

P.s.
You could create a new text file called optionsCustom.txt in the same folder as options.txt and put the below in it (But do not put the below in your options.txt file. It will not work in that file):
locale.language = "en_US"
locale.speech = "en_US"

This might fix the problem for you. If it doesn't work then delete options.txt and start Sacred 2 again to see if the text shows.

Llama8
16.03.2010, 19:00
P.s.
You could create a new text file called optionsCustom.txt in the same folder as options.txt and put the below in it (But do not put the below in your options.txt file. It will not work in that file):
locale.language = "en_US"
locale.speech = "en_US"

They moved that to the registry mid-beta Schot (which is why the locale section of the options file is empty), though it'd be interesting to see if anything happens if it's in the options file.

Schot
16.03.2010, 19:07
It normally is empty but it did happen to me once where there was actually an entry, heh. A conflicting one at that on my US version no less. Took me days and several coffees to find that.

Speaking of conflicting... Are you seeing "LOCA ID" or something like that on menu buttons in place of what should be there vass? In the case of an incorrect language configuration you would normally see LOCA ID. If they are completely blank then I would probably investigate the locale file folder. The folder file size should be about 1.7 GBs.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Deep Silver\Sacred 2 - Fallen Angel\locale

The folder name inside of your locale should be named "en_US"

vass151
16.03.2010, 21:47
thanks for the replies. This is what happens, I installed sacred 2 and ran it at no patch level. the buttons were all blank with no text at all on them. I then patched up to 2.40 and the menu buttons have the proper text but when going into any of the the normal buttons and sliders are there but no text. In game when npc's talk there is not text, just a blank box. I'll look at the options.txt file when I get home tonight, I'm at work. And also check the size of en_US.

thanks again for all the help

vass151
16.03.2010, 21:49
I should add also that I looked in registry at sacred 2 entries and is says the proper en_US language and speech.

vass151
17.03.2010, 16:23
FIXED! And it was a surprisingly hard fix to do......

I rebooted my pc and the text is there fine! LOL

Thanks for the suggestions.

JoshHarvey
13.01.2011, 07:59
It normally is empty but it did happen to me once where there was actually an entry, heh. A conflicting one at that on my US version no less. Took me days and several coffees to find that.

Speaking of conflicting... Are you seeing "LOCA ID" or something like that on menu buttons in place of what should be there vass? In the case of an incorrect language configuration you would normally see LOCA ID. If they are completely blank then I would probably investigate the locale file folder. The folder file size should be about 1.7 GBs.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Deep Silver\Sacred 2 - Fallen Angel\locale

The folder name inside of your locale should be named "en_US"

schot i am having the same problem it says local id in the buttons how do i fix it